Thursday, May 20, 2010
I'll be back later with soemthing inspirational, but for right now.....I'm out.
Have a blessed day.
Friday, May 7, 2010
Bananas have a natural antacid effect in the body, so if you suffer from heartburn, try eating a banana for soothing relief.
Temperature control: Many other cultures see bananas as a "cooling" fruit that can lower both the physical and emotional temperature of expectant mothers.
Stress: Potassium is a vital mineral, which helps normalize the heartbeat, sends oxygen to the brain and regulates your body's water balance. When we are stressed, our metabolic rate rises, thereby reducing our potassium levels. These can be rebalanced with the help of a high-potassium banana snack.
This weekend, I want you all to focus on the fact that God wants us to be HOLISTICALLY HEALTHY. Meaning....He desires for us to be spiritually, physicially, emotionally, spiritually, socially, environmentally, and financially healthy. He is an all that GOD!
3 John 1:2
Beloved, I wish above all things that thou mayest prosper and be in health, even as thy soul prospereth.
3 John 1:2 (Amplified Bible)
2Beloved, I pray that you may prosper in every way and [that your body] may keep well, even as [I know] your soul keeps well and prospers.
Monday, May 3, 2010
I went to Wal-Mart saturday and purchased $90 worth of nothing! LOL Eating healthy is sooooo expensive.
Today I want to introduce you to the superfoods Cranberries, Almonds, Sunflower Seeds, Strawberries, Oats, Barley, Spelt, Quinoa, Amaranth, Grapes, Pomegranate-Blackberry Yogurt and the superdrink called water!
This is what I had today!!! And suprisingly, it wasn't that bad. The food in this photo is something that I found in Walmart this weekend that is loaded with superfoods! WOW!!!
So now it's time for me to share with you Physical, Financial & Spiritual Tips
I got my Nike' running shoes in the mail this weekend. Time for me to work and walk it out! LOL
Exercising is like a curse word to me. LOL I don't like it.....and i used to run like a deer and practically live outside as a child and teenager. Go figure, but when I get off of work...I'm going to work out and i'll let you all know how that worked out on tomorrow.
In the mean time, here's a 30minute exercise video for you to work-out with. Have a great WO!
Earlier, I mentioned some fantastic superfoods. Well, here is a little information about them.
What are SUPERFOODS?
Superfoods get their reputation for being the healthiest, most nutritious foods around. From fresh summer fruits and vegetables to rich dark chocolate to nuts and grains, these foods are nutritional powerhouses. Just one bite, sip, or slurp of these healthy recipes has the ability to decrease cancer risk, improve heart function, and/or fight infection. To achieve maximum health benefits, try to add these foods into your daily diet.
- The Cranberry is naturally low in sodium, calories and fat.
- The Cranberry contains zero cholesterol
- The Cranberry is a natural diuretic.
- The Cranberry boosts immunity.
- The Cranberry enhances iron absorption in the body, as well as calcium absorption.
- The Cranberry provides about 2 grams of fiber per 1/2 cup.
- The Cranberry also has a high contains calcium and potassium
HEALTH BENEFITS OF EATING ALMONDS
Eating a handful of almonds (about 23) on a regular basis can:
- Decrease the risk of cancer, diabetes, heart disease, Alzheimer's disease, and other chronic illnesses
- Lower "bad" cholesterol (LDL) and increase "good cholesterol (HDL) levels.
- Decrease levels of homocystein, the amino acid that is thought to contribute to the buildup of fatty plaque in the arteries
- Aid in weight loss because munching on almonds for a snack helps you feel satisfied and less inclined to overeat at mealtime.
Okay....this is getting kinda long! LOL So just go to http://www.nutritiondata.com/ and type in the name of the food that you want to know the nutritional value of and this site will give it to you.
MAKE SURE THAT YOU DRINK YOU 8-8oz. OF WATER AND WORKOUT TODAY!!!
Song for the day: "JUST THE BEGINING" - Kurt Carr
Scripture for the day: II Chronicles 7:14
This past weekend, I bought a few groceries and they were like $90. Then I looked in my cabinets and fridge and saw a bunch of nothing. Purchasing healthy foods are more expensive than buying unhealthy foods. Why is that? I believe the the government stages it like that so we can die early. LOL Seriously!
So my financial tip to you today is to budget your money for the rest of the month and balance your checking account. Many of us have savings accounts, but they don't give you much of a return. I suggest that you find a Primerica respresentative and talk to them about investing your money and helping you to obtain a Life Insurance Policy that will be actually worth something if the person dies.
Well.............i'm out people...tired and sleepy.
Talk to you all 2morrow! Have a blessed day.
Friday, April 30, 2010
Alrighty........90 Day Challengers!
- Create yourself a journal or buy one from the store. In it, you will keep a log of what you're eating and drinking, your scipture for the day, your current savings of bank account, and how much you are saving for this month. You can also keep up with the exercises that you do on a daily basis and etc.
- You'll probably need to go grocery shopping. Buy only frozen or fresh vegetables. Don't buy meats that are packed or preserved in salt. Buy raw fresh meats...no beef...no pork. Well, if you just gotta have em....... hmmmmm..... never mind...you can't. LOL -seriously...go extra lean...no pork chops. Go to this website and check out these superfoods and buy your vegetables based on this. http://www.womansday.com/Articles/Health/Diet-Nutrition/Eat-Healthy-America-52-Superfoods.html
1. Drink 8-8oz glasses of water today!
2. SATURDAY: I know it's Saturday....but don't 4get to get ur 30minute work out done!
- Only two - 7oz. of Fresh Chicken, Turkey or Fish today
- 4 servings of vegetables that haven't been fried or cooked with pork! Instead of pork...add some turkey to your vegetables.
- 3 servings of fruit. Don't eat them at the same time that you eat your vegetables. For some reason, they'll make you bloat.
- This is a NO SODA, NO PRESERVATIVE MINISTRY....LOL. No diet sodas, no sugary drinks, no sugary juices. If you drink juice, make sure that it's 100% and only drink the recommended amount that is mentioned on the container. When we buy juice out of the store...the individual ones...they normally have 2-servings in them. So drink half of it at different times.
- NO FRIED FOODS, NO POTATO CHIPS, NO FAST FOOD...UNLESS IT'S A SALAD WITH NO CHEESE.
- DON'T DROWN YOUR SALADS.....TRY FAT FREE DRESSINGS, HEALTHIER DRESSINGS OR MAKE YOUR OWN.
- DON'T add meat to your salad unless you count that as a meal. No regular bacon!
Time to implement the 10-20-70% RULE/GUIDELINE
I know that we're in a recession, but that's no excuse for not paying your tithes and offering. Give God His first and he'll take care of you. The 10-20-70% Rule/Guideline is simply
- 10% - pay your tithes to your local church from your gross amount on all the money/financial increase that you receive....not just your paycheck. (Malachi 3:10, Proverbs 3:9 & Leviticus 27:32)
- 20% - pay yourself. Save this money and don't touch it. I am about to entire into the world of investments, savings, and insurance by way of "PRIMERICA Financial Services". If you're interesting in learning how to invest and save money, please contact me A.S.A.P. Primerica is a Christian organization. http://www.primerica.com/wayneneal
- 80% - pay your bills and take care of yourself & your family if you have one. Now, don't run crazy and spend the entire 80% that you have left. Spend wisely. When you grocery shop, buy health foods and don't buy out of greed or wants. Save your money. Buy the things that you need for survival.
If you live within walking distance from your job, etc....walk instead of drive. You'll get a free workout and you won't waste gas. :)
- Pray before B.L.B. - Breakfast, Lunch & Dinner
- Spend more than a few minutes with the Lord today. Read your bible, buy a book of great devotionals and read it everyday. Many of us lead very busy lives, it is essential that we not only take care of our physical and financial being, but we must take special care of our spiritual being. One day...all of this will be over for each of us and how we lived our lives, according to God's Word, will determine if we enter a life of eternal rest or damnation.
2But his delight and desire are in the law of the Lord, and on His law (the precepts, the instructions, the teachings of God) he habitually meditates (ponders and studies) by day and by night.(A)
3And he shall be like a tree firmly planted [and tended] by the streams of water, ready to bring forth its fruit in its season; its leaf also shall not fade or wither; and everything he does shall prosper [and come to maturity].(B)
4Not so the wicked [those disobedient and living without God are not so]. But they are like the chaff [worthless, dead, without substance] which the wind drives away.
5Therefore the wicked [those disobedient and living without God] shall not stand [justified] in the judgment, nor [b]sinners in the congregation of the righteous [those who are upright and in right standing with God].
6For the Lord knows and is fully acquainted with the way of the righteous, but the way of the ungodly [those living outside God's will] shall perish (end in ruin and come to nought).
TO THE BLOG!!!!!! :)
So as I embark on this 90 day challenge of walking into my due season, I would like to invite you to join me. This will be a spiritual, physical, financial battle that will TOTALLY reshape me into the woman that God originally designed me to be.
To help me reach my goals, I am focusing on the following:
So if you're interested in taking this step of faith into a glorious future by shedding some spiritual, physical and financial weights, then please do not hesitate to email me at firstname.lastname@example.org or for those who know me personally, give me a call on my cell.
I will begin this particular challenge on May 1, 2010, so If you're on board, then I will need you to email me before by today or you can get on board at any time before Wednesday, May 5. I have also built a blog that will show my progress and failures. (I pray that I don't have any of those.) But the blog is set up where you can join and respond and encourage others as well.I am still looking to get into the field of Nutrition & Health Management, so if anyone has any information on that, please let me know.
May I also add, that even if you're not trying to loose weight, this program will be good for you as you maintain your weight, begin a healthy lifestyle (just because your skinny, doesn't mean that you're healthy) and help you get your spirit and finances on tract! So if you're in those categories...you can join us 2! (smile)